We have listed for you the Most Frequently Asked Questions regarding your visa on arrival. Please contact us directly if you have any other enquiry which is not listed below. We will try to answer your request as soon as we can.
VISA-ON-ARRIVAL – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VOA
- What is visa –on- arrival?
- What is the “approval letter”?
- How long does it take to get the approval letter?
- How do I get my visa approval letter?
- What does the approval letter look like?
- Is the “visa on arrival” legitimate?
REQUIREMENTS, PROCEDURES AND TIPS
- Do you need a scan of my passport?
- Do I need to bring a photo, what is the size of the photo?
- What happens if my passport has expired?
- Should I provide the exact date of arrival?
- How long in advance do i need to apply for a visa?
PRICE, PAYMENT AND OTHERS
- What is the cost of VOA?
- What is the stamping fee and how much is it?
- What are the exceptions to the Visa-on-arrival?
- What credit/debit cards are accepted?
- Is it safe to communicate my credit card details?
PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS
- When do I need to pay for my approval letter?
- What happens if i enter the wrong passport number?
- Is it possible to travel without the approval letter and get the visa when I arrive?
- What happens if I change my flight and arrive at another airport in Vietnam?
1. WHAT IS VISA-ON-ARRIVAL?
Visa-on-arrival is the quickest and cheapest way to get your visa for Vietnam. To get your VOA, you need to fill in our “Online Application Form” and pay the service fee. You will then receive your “Visa approval letter” within 5 working days and be able to pick up your visa on arrival at the airport (Hanoi airport, Ho Chi Minh city airport) – After we get the approval letter for you, we will send you a copy by email or fax. On your behalf, copies of this document will be transmitted to the Vietnam Immigration checkpoints at International Airports. When you arrive in Viet Nam, the Immigration officers will have those documents ready to issue your entry visa.
2. WHAT IS THE “APPROVAL LETTER”?
The “Visa approval letter” is a letter delivered by the Vietnam Immigration Department which authorizes you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given period of time. The approval letter will allow you to pick up your visa upon arrival at one of the three international airports in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang). At the visa-on-arrival counter, the immigration officer will check the details on the approval letter based on your passport and travel documents. If you have input the correct details when applying, you should not get any problem to get your visa at the airport. Yet, we strongly advise you to read carefully our website on how to apply for VOA and follow all the instructions to avoid any issue.
3. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE APPROVAL LETTER?
The approval letter is normally processed and sent to you within 2 or 3 business days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays). For urgent delivery, you can exceptionally get the approval letter within the time frame detailed below:
* Same Day Processing (Working day): If your application is submitted and paid before 12.00 PM Vietnam time on a Working day (Monday-Friday), the letter of approval will be sent to you by 18:00 PM on the same working day.
* Next Day Processing (Working day): If your application is submitted and paid before 12.00 PM Vietnam time on a Working day (Monday-Friday), the letter of approval will be sent to you by 18:00 PM on the following (next) working day.
Note: The processing time does not apply for Friday afternoon (after 12.00 PM) + Saturday and Sunday. Don’t forget to consider the time difference between Vietnam and your country of origine.
**** Note: If you already have the approval letter, you can still pick up your visa at Vietnam airport on the weekend as the visa counter at Vietnam airport is open 24/7
*** 3 month visa: to get a 3 month visa approval letter, it can take up to 7-10 working days.
4. HOW DO I RECEIVE THE APPROVAL LETTER?
As you provide us your email address, a colored scanned copy of the approval letter will be sent to you so make sure you enter the correct email information.
If you wish to receive your approval letter by fax, please let us know and provide us your fax number.
Note: the approval letter is in PDF format, so please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat reader in order to open the file.
5. WHAT DOES THE APPROVAL LETTER LOOK LIKE?
Click here to view a sample of the approval letter
6. IS THE “VISA-ON-ARRIVAL” LEGITIMATE?
The Visa-on-arrival is one of the various options to get your visa to Vietnam. It is a cheap, easy and fast way to get it. IATA (International Air Traffic Association) has recognized visa on arrival.
7. DO YOU NEED A SCAN OF MY PASSPORT?
A passport scan is not required for an online visa application in most cases. However, the Immigration office can decide to verify the information that you provide and require you to send them a scan copy of your passport. If it is the case, you will be notified by email.
8. DO I NEED A PHOTO, WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE PHOTO?
When arriving at the airport, you will need to provide 2 photos of standard passport size (04*06 cm).
Note: You can get photos taken at any of the Vietnamese airport for 2 USD or less per photo.
9. WHAT HAPPENS IF MY PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED?
Your passport must have at least 6 month’s validity to be able to apply for a visa to Vietnam. If your passport is about to expire, we strongly advise that you get a new one before applying for your visa to avoid any unexpected issue at the airport.
10. SHOULD I PROVIDE THE EXACT DATE OF ARRIVAL?
You should provide the earliest date that you plan to arrive even though you can arrive after that date. The departure date is the last day you are allowed to be in the country, unless you get a visa extension.
11. WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES AT VIETNAM AIRPORT?
When arriving at the airport, you will need to fill in a simple form. Please remember to bring at least 2 passport-sized photos (04*06cm), 45 USD/person for stamp fee per person (1 month – single entry). The whole process can take up to 15 minutes in total.
12. HOW LONG IN ADVANCE DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISA?
You can apply for a Vietnam visa from 1 day to 6 months in advance. It takes 5 working days to get your visa approved; however, we strongly advise that you apply for your visa 1 – 2 weeks before your arrival date to avoid any payment or other administrative problems.
13. WHAT IS THE COST OF VOA?
It varies according to the type and length of visa you are applying for. Generally, there are 2 fees you are required to pay: The stamping fee (paid directly at Vietnam’s airport) + our service fee for the approval letter (paid online).
Normally, 1 month single entry will cost: 19 USD for our service fee for the letter of approval + 45 USD (fee in 2012) for the stamping fee at Vietnam airport.
14. WHAT IS THE STAMPING FEE AND HOW MUCH IS IT?
The stamping fee is the fee you are required to pay at the Vietnamese airport in order to get the official visa stamped in your passport. The fee will be paid in cash only, no payment by credit card will be accepted.
Arrival in 2013: Stamp fee at the airport (price per person)
45 USD for 1 month – Single entry
65 USD for 1 month – Multiple entries
Currencies accepted: Vietnam Dong (VND) and USD (US Dollars)
15. WHAT ARE THE EXCEPTIONS TO THE VISA-ON-ARRIVAL?
The only exception for the visa-on-arrival is that it is NOT VALID for OVERLAND ENTRY. You can only receive your visa stamp with this approval letter at one of the three international airports in Vietnam (Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City) and Danang Airport (Da Nang).
Note: If you plan to enter Vietnam by land or cruise, please visit a Vietnamese embassy to get your visa.
16. WHAT CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED?
We currently accept both Debit/Credit cards and PAYPAL for payment of our approval letter service fee. These include: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and Diners Club.
17. WHEN DO I NEED TO PAY FOR MY APPROVAL LETTER?
You can pay for the approval letter after you submit your application. If you have problems with payment, email us at email@example.com and we will send you a link to follow in order to pay. Keep in mind that no application can be processed until the full payment is made.
18. WHAT HAPPENS IF I ENTER THE WRONG PASSPORT NUMBER?
Shortly after submitting your application, you should receive a confirmation in the email address you provided with all the details you provided earlier. If you see any mistakes, you should take action by sending an email right away to:
If you only notice a mistake later, you will have to apply again for a new visa with the correct information.
19. IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRAVEL WITHOUT THE APPROVAL LETTER AND GET THE VISA WHEN I ARRIVE?
To board the plane, the airlines will request that you show the approval letter. This letter is also compulsory to obtain your visa at the Vietnam airport. We recommend that you allow enough time to apply for the visa to avoid any last minute issues.
20. WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHANGE MY FLIGHT AND ARRIVE AT ANOTHER AIRPORT IN VIETNAM?
You will be able to collect your Vietnam visa in any of the 3 international airports: Tan Son Nhat (in Ho Chi Minh City); Noi Bai (in Hanoi) and Da Nang (in Da Nang).